How to create a perfectly optimized website?
If you are an SEO, so this issue probably often encounter. The simple answer to it unfortunately does not exist, but there are principles that can hold you to a perfectly optimized website as much as possible approached. Please read the following advice on how to use SEO to achieve the best positioning of your website in search engines. Some of these recommendations are supported by data, statistical studies and extensive testing, while others are the result of personal experience and intuition. As with all things in terms of SEO, and here we recommend always testing and tweaking.
Tags in the page header (Head tags)
The page title (title) - the most important element of any location of keywords on-page. Page header should contain the keyword or phrase in the first place.
Use key words at the beginning of the header has the highest correlation with high placement in search websites.
- Page description (meta description) - although it does not affect the location of the site in any of the major search engines, is shown in the summary description of the text string in the search result. Due to the influence of the ratio of clicks / views and helps increase site traffic, regardless of its placement in the search engines.
- Keywords (meta keywords) - keywords in the page header already does not use any search engine, do not recommend!
- Search robots (Meta Robots) - the brand should not contain any instructions which may prevent pages indexed by search robots
- Identification of the main page version (rel = "canonical") - the site is larger and more complex, the more versions of each sub to it occurs. This tag allows you to determine which one is primary to search Sunday links between the different versions.
- Other meta tags in the header - currently do not offer in terms of SEO for major search engines no benefits.
- Length - shorter URLs tend to place higher in search engine rankings and more are copied to other sites, shared and linked.
- Placing keywords - the closer the target keyword to the main domain name, the better. Page site.com / keyword is placed higher than site.com / directory / subdirectory / keyword and by optimizing najodporúčanejšou, although does not particularly great advantage.
- Subdomains against sites - even a tiny advantage they have keywords subdomains to subdirectories or sites search algorithms prefer lines subdirectory / subdomain page instead.
- Separating words - best to separate keywords in URLs is to use a hyphen (-). The domain name is not recommended, it is better to use a domain name bryndzovehalusky.sk as sheep-halusky.sk.
Tags in the page body (body Tags)
- Number of times a keyword - it is not possible to determine exactly how many times it is necessary to use the keyword / phrase per page. Recommended 2-3x on a short 4-6x longer on site. Never more than makes sense for content. Using more is unnecessarily aggressive.
- Keyword density - keyword density is a component of search algorithms as an absolute myth, although it is still often used to achieve SEO sc. Although greater use of keyword / phrase can potentially improve site location, it has never been a key criterion of relevance pages.
- Keyword variations - though it is the importance of using different keyword variations confirmed it is worth it to pay a little effort and use several variations of key words links.
- The main heading style H1 - H1 tag was considered very important for on-page optimization. However, studies have shown that a very low correlation with the highest positions. Nevertheless, it is necessary to properly use this brand because of semantics and SEO, it is possible that a smaller number of more important elements of SEO, the importance of correct labeling titles increases.
- H2/H3/H4/Hx - still less important than the H1, using, if necessary. These brands have little value SEO
- Mark Alt - surprisingly strongly correlates with high placement. We recommend that it always be used for images.
- The names of image files - Image Search accounts for a large part of Internet traffic and can therefore be calling the images under the main keyword and its importance it is worth it to use.
- Highlight Bold / Strong - highlight with markers bold / strong SEO has very little weight, so it is recommended to use it at least once if not more benefits.
- Bold Italic / Emphasized - Surprisingly, these brands have a similar or slightly higher weight than bold / strong and therefore it makes sense to them (gently) used.
- Internal lines / anchor - no tests so far have shown that the search bots collected and counted.
- HTML comments - by search engines ignore them all audiences.
Internal links and the structure of the website location
- Depth links - The important key word / phrase, the higher you would be placed in a hierarchical structure of pages.
- Number / Percentage of internal links - sub, which leads to more inner links tend to rank higher in searches, and therefore it makes sense to put as appropriate for the selected sub more internal links.
- Links in content to a link in the menu - it seems that Google and other search engines determine the importance of reference according to its placement on the page, ie. it is possible that paid placed links in the body instead of the page in the menu. But do not forget that Google is always counted as the first reference location on the page.
- Location link in the sidebar and footer - as many experiences SEOmoz SEO specialists consider that Google strongly reduces the value placed links in the footer and to a lesser extent, in the sidebar pages. So if you need to place links on the page still, it pays to use the top menu (the contents of the site) for the purpose of SEO
- Placing keywords - We recommend using the most important keywords as possible in the first few tens of words on the page (50-100 if maybe sooner) the content of the page. Apparently search engines prefer sites that have keywords at the beginning.
- Structure of content - some SEO experts recommend the use of structured content (introductory, body, examples, summary, or journalistic style), statistical confirmation of the benefits of this approach is still missing.
Why we do not use the correct SEO rules?
When you create good content pages and sometimes we forget sometimes deliberately ignore the proposed measures. For in the final analysis, on-page optimization is the only article in this puzzle much more difficult.
Having a correctly structured on-page SEO and keyword optimization is certainly important, but the biggest advantage brings a focus on the most important aspects of this part of SEO. When you have 20% of the most important elements (titles, URLs, internal links) made correctly, so you get 80% (or more) of the benefits that on-page SEO has to offer. .
How to achieve first place in search
On-page optimization does not get to the top of page links search. In fact, the process of obtaining a first position and complicated efforts to reach the first place should cover mainly the following aspects:
- Availability-site content that search engines can not see, can not be indexed, so it is open for the search robots on top priorities. .
- Content - you need to have at convincing quality material, which not only attracts attention, but in fact encourage visitors to share their information. Infectivity of content is perhaps the most important / most valuable factor in the search algorithm, as leading to high conversion clicks.
- Basic On-Page Elements - well targeted direct links to the most important elements of the website (titles, URLs, internal links) dramatically increases the potential site for a good ranking in search engines.
- User quality - quality website user, user interface, and the overall impression of the site strongly influence the external references and citations, as well as conversion and average time spent on the site.
- Marketing - "Excellent content is not a substitute for great marketing." Excellent marketing tool, respectively. strong marketing campaign can attract far more links to your content deserves. It may be unfair, but that's capitalism at work for several centuries. Getting into awareness is just as important (if not more) than to be 100% fair, honest, and offer great value. Politics is the infamous example of this principle.
- Thorough On-page optimization - use carefully all techniques that we have described above, is certainly not a waste of effort, but generally does not add to the website as much as the other techniques in this book.